PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Less is Good....


My decorations on display this year for Christmas are those that have been given to me or I have made...

The bells shown are the ones I made for our Church Christmas party. One was placed at each place setting. The Prim Candy Canes I made from a pattern I found on a Prim Blog Site. The Green branch displaying the bells and Candy Canes was a find at the Salvation Army. I was in search of a canning basket and found two of these branches in a package for less than a dollar. They appeared to be in good condition so I purchased them and actually used the one branch to make the ornament you can see on the top of the branch in the picture, its a bit small to see, but I attached two small bells in the middle of two small pieces of the branch, attached them together and topped off with a bow.....

I decided to not hull all the boxes out of the basement and adorn my home with all the beautiful and festive decor I have collected and made over the past twenty years. This decision was solely made due to the fact immediately after Christmas day, my husband and I will be leaving Pennsylvania for Texas until the 3rd of January.....

The one decoration I do miss are the Family Handmade Christmas Stockings hanging from my mantel. But in order to do it right, I would have to pull out ALL the decorations and dress up the Mantel as it should be displayed this time of year...!

The Christmas Stockings I mention are a Family Tradition my mother started many years ago, learning how to knit them and continuing the tradition has been one of the many family ties my brothers, along with their children with my family have been able to preserve and pass on this tradition started by our Mother....

I will ask my brothers to take pictures of their stockings hanging, and post them to show how beautiful and special the stockings are...

As Christmas Day approaches closer with each passing day, I hope you and your family are finding Love and Joy during this Very Special time of year....
And Remembering the Reason For The Season..!

God Bless You All and Your Families
K





1 comment:

  1. There have been a couple years I didn't decorate much since we were going to be gone as well. It always seemed strange not to pull it all down but less work too!...lol I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
    I really like your candy canes and can't wait to see the Christmas stockings! =O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K