PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 14, 2011



Cinnammmmonnnn, Please...!!

This Cinnamon Spread is just.....finger lip smackin good!



If you ever had the Cinnamon Butter served at the Texas Roadhouse, this spread comes very very close to same yummy recipe.  

Warning:  You must eat topped on a warm piece of homemade bread, warm muffin or toasted bagel..
*you get the idea:)
This spread would be great for any time of the year and event, no matter how big or small.

Recipe

1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

I mixed the cinnamon and nutmeg together with the brown sugar...making sure brown sugar is free of ALL lumps... I then added the soft butter and mixed well with mixer until very smooth and fluffy.  Chill and serve over warm bread....


I was able to find a set of four small round plastic containers with lids at the Dollar Store..they worked great for storing this spread and also look quite nice for Gift Giving.  I actually made two pounds of this recipe at one time and divided the spread into the containers.  With each container I will add a fresh loaf of baked bread.  The loaf will be pre-sliced and packaged in a clear heavy plastic food bag to ensure freshness should the receiver want to freeze the bread.  Freezing the bread is the smart thing to do if your like me and do not eat bread everyday....

The one recipe I have left on my list to bake for the Holiday Season is a batch of Lemon Cookies with a Lemon Glazed Icing.  I wanted this cookie to be as fresh as possible for Gift Giving.

Thanks for stopping by...
K
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K