PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 26, 2011



Lemon Sugar Glazed Cookies


This was my first making this particular recipe for Lemon Cookies..and it is by far, the BEST Lemon Cookie I have ever eaten and very easy to make.  I made this cookie the same day I wanted to give as a Holiday Gift, only because I wanted them to be the freshest possible for taste and texture.  This cookie would also be fantastic for any party or shower made in a smaller form.  I for one will be making this cookie recipe many more times in the future...! It's that GOOD!

Recipe

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
zest and juice of 1 lemon

Cream together butter, eggs, and sugar. Add zest and lemon juice, and ricotta cheese and blend well. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined. Drop by small spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake @375 for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will remain very light creamy in color. Do not over bake. ( I used a small ice cream scoop to make uniform sizes. If you put the dough in the fridge for about 1/2 hour to chill it is easier using the scoop)

IMMEDIATELY remove cookies to cooling rack and glaze while still warm. I topped a small amount of the icing onto each cookie, allowed the icing to soften from the warm cookie and then gently spread the icing around, I also topped with large white sugar granules before the icing set.  Once the icing is spread it does not take long for it to set, so if your wanting to add a little extra sparkle I suggest this be done before moving on to the next cookie...

Glaze

1 1/2 cups icing sugar 
zest and juice of 1 lemon
The glaze will set almost immediately. 
 This dough is very soft and fluffy....easy to work with.
 I chilled the dough for about a half hour before baking..to ensure long lasting chill after removing from refrigeration, use a class mixing bowl.


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic week!
K

2 comments:

  1. That picutre and the recipe made my mouth water!! Will definitely have to print and save this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and love it. I joined it and I am going to to those cookies. I love to bake and cook. I think my husband would love these cookies.
    I also went down a few posts and I love it SO much. I can't wait til you post again.
    I have a blog and I love new follower's, please come on by my blog and join. This new year I am going to post about a giveaway I am going to have to ring in the new year. I think it is a great way to start off the new year.
    The only rule I will have is be a follower.
    I am going to have 2 winner's!!

    I also saw on one of your posts and it is also on your facebook picture are the SNOWMEN, I LOVE, LOVE them!!!!!I am 43 yrs old almost 44 and I don't facebook or twitter...none of that.
    I know get out of the cave time, believe me doing my blog was hard enough. My husband taught and was a saint doing it. Now, I just love it!

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and you all have a blessed New year(2012)!!

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K