PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jumbo Cuppies Take The Prize...





When it comes to the Holidays,
I like trying out new recipes.
This year I decided to jump on board with the
Cupcake rage that has currently ensued the nation...

Below is my creation of

Jumbo Cherry Cheesecake Cuppies...




I started with my Jumbo cupcake pan and liners...
You can find both at Michael's Craft store.


I first filled the liners with the basic chocolate cake mix 3/4 full..




I then topped off the chocolate with a cream cheese topping
I then added some Cherry Pie Filling
on top of the cream cheese topping..



Baked at 350 degrees for 40 minutes..give or take a few minutes..

Below is what they looked like after carefully
removing them from the pan...
When I first saw how they had baked out
and
over the top, I was fearful on how I was going
to remove them from the pan.
It was much easier than I anticipated..
I used a butter knife and carefully lifted
them straight up..


After they had cooled to a warm temperature,
I added a Bing Cherry on top
AND
Shaved some Semi-Sweet Chocolate on top...

YES...
They do taste as good as they look..!!!

Recipe Below

Ingredients:

Filling:
1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cupcakes:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp soda

1 large egg
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla

topping:
1 can cherry pie filling (won't need the whole can)
Method:
  1. In small bowl, blend filling ingredients until smooth, with mixer. Set aside.
  2. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
  3. In large mixing bowl, beat egg, water, vinegar, oil and vanilla.
  4. Stir in dry ingredients, until smooth.
  5. Fill well greased cupcake tins, 3/4 full - if using small size (1/2 full if using large size). This recipe will make about 48 tiny cupcakes.
  6. Drop a 1/2 tsp of cheese filling in center of each cupcake. (1 tsp for larger size)
  7. Bake at 350ºF for 15 min ( 20-25 min for larger size)



I tripled the recipe for a total of 16 Jumbo Cuppies...

You will have to adjust your baking time accordingly
to the size of desire...

Happy Thanksgiving and Eat Lots , It's ALL Good..!!












5 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious! I'm grabbing the ingredients today. Would you mind if I put a link to your article on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word those look FANTASTIC! I was looking for different things to try this year, think I'll give them a go :) Thanks for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. These cupcakes look delicious.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks beyond delicious.

    Will try it out and tell you how it comes out, need to collect the ingredients and find those jumbo cupcake paper thingies!!

    Thank you for sharing this wonderfully unique recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K