Don't you just love a soft chewy cookie...?!
You would think having Christmas
Just a few weeks ago,
one would be all cookied out?
I'm such a sucker for a good cookie...
and I honestly did not bake cookies this year,
I only ate a few of those given to me as gifts,
which was plenty..!
I think the smaller size of the calorie packed treat
makes me feel as though I am not over indulging...
One of my favorite cookie is the very simple and easy
Peanut Butter with Chocolate Chips...
This cookie is right up there with the
warm Chocolate Chip Cookie....
I'll tell ya a secret..
"I ate two straight from the oven"
I can't even begin to tell you how yummmmo they were...!!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.