PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012



The Refreshing Side of Things...

To know me, I Love Chocolate!  I have a very good friend who tells others frequently, "If one wants to give K something she really likes, give her Chocolate!".   Well, I must confess...for as much as I love the Chocolate, I equally Love Orange, Cranberry and Nuts all mixed together in any form of Cake..!

I crave it....frequently
It's my weakness to all sweets!
It has Orange and Cranberry and Walnuts...that makes it healthy, RIGHT!!?

Here is what I mixed together and placed in a Bunt Cake Pan
 I started with a Yellow Cake Box Mix...
Added:
 Rind from a large Orange
Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice from the same Orange
Three eggs
1/3 cup of oil
Water combined with Orange Juice to make 1 cup
After mixed well, Add your Dried Cranberries and Walnuts... 
I usually just "dump" an unmeasured amount of the
Cranberries and Walnuts...which would properly measure
1/2 cup of Cranberries
1 Cup of Walnuts
I
 Spray pan with Cooking Spray
 Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins...


 After the cake cooled for a few mins I inverted onto a plate 
and added an Orange Glaze on top.

Glaze
Orange Rind from Large Orange
Orange Juice from Large Orange
One cup of Powdered Sugar


 The picture shows the cake much darker than it really is...
If you look very close, you can see the Orange Rind with the Cranberries and Walnuts...

You can make your Glaze thicker,
I wanted the glaze thin so it would seep into the cake giving even more of an Orange Flavor.

Tomorrow I will cut the cake into separate individual pieces, wrap in freezer wrap and freeze them for an easy grab on the go with my coffee:)


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic week-end!





8 comments:

  1. hello k
    i love orange cake to i have a good recipe were you use the whole orange in the recipe lol
    just stopped bye tricia sent me :-) and she was right there's some beautiful looking cakes you have posted about yummo!!

    Blessings Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, ......PLEASE come on by and make this for me!!!LOL

    I am going to make this tomorrow because it is going to be very cold and I LOVE Chocolate!
    Hugs friend,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow K, that cake sounds yummy. Will have to try it when I get home. Do you have snow today? It is really windy and cold here in SC. Tricia's post about your blog was wonderful. She is such a sweet person. Take care and stay warm.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi "K" I just came over from Tricia's blog...what a sweetheart she is! I love your recipe but, since I am sort of a "non-cook/baker" type, could you let me know how much cranberries and nuts to use? I want to try it...love anything that starts with cake mix! (Work is mostly done, right?) LOL
    Thanks for sharing; I will be back. {{HUGS}} Joy
    theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day, Ladies..! Thanks for stopping by! I sent each of you a message via your email, but I'm lovin this new setting for a "reply" under each comment. Have a fun and safe week-end my friends and stay warm...brrrrr it's so cold here in PA today! Hugs...K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi K - I just had to check out your blog - Tricia is the culprit. LOL! That cake look yummo!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh...this sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, SugarBushPrims and Holly! Let me know if you make the cake and if you like..!! Have a great week and Hugs..K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K