PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012



It's the Little Things That Sometimes Remind Us Of the Big Things and What Matters the Most..

Today I received a package in the mail from a New Blogger Friend, Tricia at Hillcrest Home Prims.



Inside the package was this handmade Tea Stained Prim Pillow and the newest Edition of Rachel Ray's Magazine.  I have to admit, I can't recall ever reading or picking up to browse through a copy of Rachel's Magazine.  With that said, I certainly have been missing out on some good recipes and good articles.  

Thank You, Tricia..!!

If you follow my blog, this past Fall I won first place in the Local Competition for a Hershey's Cake Bake.  This was my very first time entering any type of a baking competition, so you can imagine how stunned and shocked I was to learn I had won first place.  The rules and regulations are directly from Hershey Corporation, Hershey PA.  All first place winners at the local levels automatically qualify for the State Competition in Harrisburg at the State Farm Show Complex in January.  The Farm Show starts this Sunday for the public.  I must register my Chocolate Cake at the Complex by Saturday morning before 11am. with Judging promptly at 2:30pm on Saturday afternoon.  One of the Judges for the State Level is the Head Pastry Chef at Hotel Hershey....this is serious stuff!  I'm totally thrilled and honored to be apart of this contest, the experience has been fun and very rewarding.  Not to mention the awesome people I have met with common interests.  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of all the different yummy chocolate cakes and share with you all

Have a fun weekend and stay warm....
Thanks for stopping by,
K




2 comments:

  1. Such thoughtful gifts from Tricia. She is such a sweet and thoughtful lady and her home is so prim perfect. Good luck this weekend. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. I would be so nervous. So proud you have made it this far,,, must be a delicious cake you have made. Take care, have fun, until we hear from you this weekend.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, I am so happy you like your two goodies.
    I will be thinking of you this weekend, I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope your Hubby takes pictures!!!!!YOU GO GIRL, show them what you got!!!!

    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K