PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 3, 2011

This week has been long and challenging....
I try to keep an upbeat attitude and find the positive
in whatever is presented to me.
I honestly can say,
I am finding myself to question the
"Why"

Within hours I have learned of
three different individuals who are
dear to me fighting very
invasive conditions that ultimately will be
life altering,
changing their lives as they have known it..Forever!

I have trained for this..
I have been the one who would sit and listen,
holding the hand of the scared and frightened...
offering words of comfort,
focusing on the positive..

Today...
As the devastating messages were coming 
to me from Houston, TX..John Hopkins, MD
and one close to home...
I felt so helpless,
my words, to me...so empty.
My day has been one of many prayers
and 
trying to understand and educate...
 SO...
The only remedy I can think to do along with my prayers..
Bake Something!

I was given a recipe today for an old family recipe,
Coconut Custard Pie...

This recipe is very simple with few ingredients..
My plan for this weekend,
making some Coconut Custard Pies..

I will post the recipe after I bake and sample:)

Have a great weekend..

GO STEELERS..!!






1 comment:

  1. Hi K. I have been visiting your blog for a while, but just last month started a blog of my own so now I can follow you. Would love for you to visit sometime. I have so much to learn. It is still a hassle just learning to post pic. I will Learn. I am looking forward to making many new friends.
    Your post hit home with me. It has been a sad week here at the homeplace also. A friend called yesterday and was so depressed. We're at the age of aging parents, getting older ourselves, and I have a parent in a nursing facility. It just breaks my heart. But,,,its life and we know God will not put more on us than we can bear, So with that promise I try to just pray and go forward. My prayers are with you and those with problems. Hope you have a safe and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K