PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcake Bouquet


Cupcake Anyone...!?



 
 I found this amazing Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe a few weeks ago and could not wait to try it...


 When doing research for recipes I want to try or have a special need for.... 
 The ingredients in the recipe and the amount of each ingredient are two major factors in which decide if I will give the recipe a try.....


The one ingredient I looked at for this recipe was the 
amount of Red Food Color needed to give a
beautiful Red that would maintain its brightness after baking.
As you can see, the batter is a beautiful "Red"


And just as beautiful after baking...

I baked the cupcakes in a muffin pan without liners....




After the cupcakes cooled, I placed them in my Tulip Liners..










I wanted to pipe on the Fluffy Icing after they were placed in the Tulip Liners,
this would allow me to pipe high with a significant amount of Icing and keep them pretty...


The "one" thing I really like about the Tulip Liners,
you can easily pull the liners away to eat and have a nice 
surface area to eat your treat...with a fork:)



Packaged for delivery



Recipe below




Ingredients

For the Cream Cheese Frosting:

  • 1 pound cream cheese, softened
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.



3 comments:

  1. Evening K., You should have a bakery instead of a salon! Those cupcakes look yummy, and are so pretty.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, OH MY GOSH!!!!You can send some to my home anytime you want.
    My mouth is drooling when I saw these cupcakes!
    YUMMO!
    Hugs,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K