PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Signs Of The Season......


This time of year is all about Clam Bakes at our home....
It's a tradition we have done for so long I honestly 
can't remember not doing one...

And with this time of year also comes the close of summer...
As we sat on the deck enjoying our fresh bake,
the day was so peaceful with a nice breeze and temperatures in the high 70's.

This is always a bitter sweet time of year for me,
I so love the summer months,
but also enjoy the cool mornings of Fall,
the warm afternoons with the anticipation of a cool evening that Fall brings,
to which I fully embrace......


With my son preparing to start his classes at the University this week,   
today was the day we invited some friends to join us
and so thoroughly enjoyed this last summer outing...

 

Fresh Steamed Clams....We only had 400

Prepared Bags of Vegetables to be steamed with the clams

Way too much food....

What a plate looks like after....just had to have one more clam

A visitor during our bake...a Humming Bird




I just love sitting out on my deck, 
watching the birds and butterflies who come visiting
my Butterfly Bush all day long..


Have a great week...
K











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K