PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Strawberry Napoleans


Strawberry Napoleans







I made this very easy and quick dessert for my monthly gathering with my gal pal cousins...

Recipe

One Package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (Frozen)
One large package of Instant Vanilla Pudding
One Cup of Cold Milk
One cup of Whipping Cream
Fresh Strawberries
Chocolate Morsels or One Block of your favorite (I used Semi-Sweet)

Directions

Thaw one of the two puff pastries per directions on box.  Thaw both if you want to double the recipe.
Bake according to directions on box.

While pastry is baking and cooling, mix the Vanilla Pudding with the one cup of milk and set aside or place in refrigerator if your not planning to prepare immediately. Whip one cup of Heavy Cream (I mixed two cups at one time for extra for the topping and separated after it was whipped)  Take one cup of whipping cream and fold into the Vanilla Pudding. 

I then finished preparing the remainder of the Whipping Cream for the Topping by adding some Pure Vanilla.  You can also add a little sugar to taste. (I did not add sugar)

Cut each of the three pastries into thirds.  Slice each piece in half and add a heaping Tablespoon of the Vanilla Cream on top, place other half of pastry on top of Vanilla Cream. 

Top with your fresh Whipping Cream or your favorite choice of whipped topping.  Add Fresh strawberries on top of cream.

Melt your chocolate in a micro wave prof small dish and drizzle on top of Pastry..
(You can add a very small amount of a solid shortening to the chocolate if the consistency is too thick, I did not) if you add a shortening, make sure you mix the shortening well into the chocolate.

Refrigerate  until serving..
Enjoy


1 comment:

  1. Oh my YUMMY!
    I wish we lived closer so you could teach me some of your mouth watering desserts you make!
    Hugs,
    Tricia XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K