PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 2, 2011

How Sweet The Smell......


Strawberry Fields...Forever


It's that time of year....Sweet Strawberries!

I love strawberries...
I love strawberries fresh from the strawberry patch...
I love strawberries with Ice Cream...
I love strawberries with Ice Cream and Waffles...
I love strawberries chilled with sugar sprinkled on top....
I love strawberries dipped in chocolate...
I love strawberries in my cereal... 
I Love Fresh Strawberries!! 

 And now Pillsbury has given me a new way
to enjoy my Strawberries...

Individual Pie Shells....

This is so easy to do and you can make them a head
and freeze them for when you have some fresh berries
and friends stopping by...

This shell can be filled with any of your
favorite fruit fillings
or
your desired custard filling.....

Use your imagination and go a bit crazy,
I dare ya...double dare ya!



Crust
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
3/4 teaspoon sugar
DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface. Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly. Cut 6 rounds from crust with 4-inch round cutter or trace 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife (piece scraps slightly for 6th round). 
Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray. Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups. Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup. Prick each pastry generously with fork. 
3      Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.






1 comment:

  1. Morning K, this is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I have pie crust in my fridge, and will have to do this. And to be able to freeze makes it even better. Mr. P. LOVES strawberries. I love the sugary syrup from them, but don't like the texture. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K