I must confess....
I have not really been a big fan of the Artichoke
Over the years I have had several dips with this unusual vegetable..
and to my surprise do enjoy a good Artichoke dip.
I came across this recipe while getting a menu together for a Pool Party
and Cook Out this past Summer
I am all about easy, simple and good tasting...!!
And this recipe passed the requirements...
Artichoke Dip with Garlic:
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
- 1 c. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip or fat free mayonnaise, although low-fat mayo also works great)
- 1 c. (packed) shredded Parmesan cheese..Use Fresh Parmesan Cheese that comes shredded and sealed or a block of fresh and shred yourself...
(do not use the fine grated you sprinkle on top of pasta..)
- 1 12-oz. jar MARINATED artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the mayonnaise and shredded Parmesan cheese. Gently add in the chopped artichoke hearts and minced garlic. Place the mixture into a 9" pie plate (or divided evenly among smaller dishes) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it's lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot with slices of bread, crackers and/or tortilla chips.
This dip has become a favorite of mine and others to which I can confess I have
made several times since that first time enjoying the company of good friends and many laughs...
It was also a big hit this past Thanksgiving...
After our belly busting dinner,
time was spent with family and friends with this dip in tow..!
I keep the ingredients on hand for a quick grab when I need something to serve
or take along in a short days notice.....