PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's That Vegetable....??!

Marinated Artichokes....



I must confess....
I have not really been a big fan of the Artichoke

Over the years I have had several dips with this unusual  vegetable..
and to my surprise do enjoy a good Artichoke dip.

I came across this recipe while getting a menu together for a Pool Party
and Cook Out this past Summer
I am all about easy, simple and good tasting...!!
And this recipe passed the requirements...


Artichoke Dip with Garlic:

  • 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
 
  • 1 c. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip or fat free mayonnaise, although low-fat mayo also works great)
 
  • 1 c. (packed) shredded Parmesan cheese..Use Fresh Parmesan Cheese that comes shredded and sealed or a block of fresh and shred yourself...
(do not use the fine grated you sprinkle on top of pasta..)
 
  • 1 12-oz. jar MARINATED artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
 
  • 6-7 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the mayonnaise and shredded Parmesan cheese. Gently add in the chopped artichoke hearts and minced garlic. Place the mixture into a 9" pie plate (or divided evenly among smaller dishes) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it's lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot with slices of bread, crackers and/or tortilla chips.
 
This dip has become a favorite of mine and others to which I can confess I have 
made several times since that first time enjoying the company of good friends and many laughs...
 
It was also  a big hit this past Thanksgiving...
After our belly busting dinner,
time was spent with family and friends with this dip in tow..!

I keep the ingredients on hand for a quick grab when I need something to serve 
or take along in a short days notice.....


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K