PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 16, 2012



 I made this cake this past weekend for a dear lady I've know for over 20 years.  Her birthday was on Saturday and she was coming to the Salon that day for a service.  I surprised her with a cake I knew she would like...

I took a Pineapple Cake Recipe and added a few ingredients of my own...
I added 4 large containers of Stage 2 Baby Food Carrots
1 tsp of Cinnamon
1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
along with the original ingredients....

Since this was a new recipe for me, I did not have a chance to taste test before I gifted the cake.  I received a call on Sunday saying her and her family LOVED the cake..
Later in the day she brought me several pieces for me to try and share.
The cake is DELICIOUS..! 
It is so moist in texture with the spices being just the right amount,
I'm calling it my own version of a..

"Carrot Cake"

I actually got the idea to use baby food from a
 nursing colleague who is a client at the Salon,
she shared her Carrot Cake recipe with me which calls for the carrot baby food.
When I came across the Pineapple Cake Recipe, I liked that the recipe did not have alot of ingredients and thought I'll give it try  and add a few more ingredients of my own.
This cake is a winner and very easy to prepare...

You can prepare this cake in any pan or form.  
I opted to make a double layer since it was a birthday gift.




 2 cups AP flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
4 large containers of stage 2 baby food carrots
YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY
20 ounce can (about 2 cups) crushed pineapple, in juice, do not drain
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup nuts- Optional 

Mix all together until smooth. Pour into greased 9×13 inch baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 


Icing
8 ounces cream cheese
4 T. butter
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup nuts- optional
Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add Vanilla. Slowly add sugar and blend after each addition. Fold in nuts if desired. Ice cake while still a bit warm. Serves many as this cake is rich and sweet, so cut the pieces small as you can always have seconds.



Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K