PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 10, 2013

February Surprises....

Today was a day of absolute relaxation and checking out the goodies I had purchased online last weekend, which had arrived during this past week.  I didn't have time to open the packages until today.  
  First packages to open were my new curtains.  I placed them in the dryer on the Quick Refresh/Steam setting.  They came out of the dryer looking great!
 



 Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures...I could not get rid of the glare.  The texture and color of the fabric is much darker than it appears in the pictures.  I LOVE these curtains!  Even the men in the house comment how nice they look!  And that folks is a real compliment!  They bring a warmer and much more cozy feeling to the room, to which is what I was trying to achieve.  

After hanging the new curtains I opened more goodies...

Here is picture of my new shoes I purchased from Old Navy
Won't these look great for Spring and Summer!! I'm all about comfort and a good fit!  These slip on beauties are made of a very soft leather with elastic around the top for a nice snug fit...! 
Love them, too!  Pretty Feet....;)  Yep...I'm in my PJ's, too!

I also purchased two light weight button down cardigans.  I'm sure in the future when I wear them, there will be a picture posted of one or both.

Another package had two bags of Organic Dried Rose Petals I had ordered.  I am planning to use the Pedals to top off my baked goodies to help make them pretty.  When I saw several pictures of baked goodies and sweets topped with the rose pedals I immediately loved the look of romance and softness they gave the final touch of the decorating.  I have two nice size bags of pedals which will last me quite a long time...YAY

The last package was a Bridal Shower Gift for the daughter of my Husbands Cousin.  I chose some very pretty Yellow Towels she had listed on her Bridal Registry as the gift.  I checked the link when ordering online this was a Bridal Gift.  I was totally SHOCKed to find the gift Beautifully wrapped when I opened the shipping box.  
How amazingly cool is that!!?  And....I did not pay extra for the gift wrapping.  Even better, right! I only need to attach a nice card and I'm good to go!  

The day ended with a nice home made Spaghetti dinner..
I like a little sauce with my noodles

That's all I have to share with my purchases..I'm so pleased with all my goodies :)) I'm becoming a real pro with Internet shopping. It sure beats having to fight the crowds and the store not having what you want...! 

 To my friends in the New England States...I hope the worst of the storm and after effects are over for you and your warm and safe in the comfort of your own homes. 

Tomorrow is our annual pick up Faschnaut's Day at a local church.  It's a hit or miss on how long you must stand inline.  But the wait is so worth it! 
Even though Tuesday is  officially "Fat Tuesday" , the Catholic Church makes Faschnauts for three days, starting on Sunday into the Tuesday before Lent.  If you wait until Tuesday to get your Faschnauts, you take the chance of not getting any as they make them until the ingredients run out and then the doors are closed and locked for another year:( So tradition has been for us to get ours on Monday.  I'll be dreaming Faschnauts tonight..LOL

Thanks for stopping by....!
Hugs my friends,
K








3 comments:

  1. K, I love your new curtains. They do make your room warm and cozy. I love the color too.
    I also LOVE your shoes from Old Navy, and the blue I sawesome and the look so comfy.
    Yes I see your in your PJ's, good for you. Just relaxing that is what you need.

    That sauce with your noodles LOOKS so YUMMO!
    Have a relaxing Sunday night.
    Hugs,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning K,
    Well internet shopping is becomming hot - so many places are offering free shipping as well.
    Love your shoes and they do look very comfortable.
    Isn't it great when our men notice things and give a positive comment...lol
    Oh...spaghetti...one of my favorites and like you...I NEED SAUCE!!!
    blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm John from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your recipes ordered. Each recipe has a link to the blog that belongs recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, and fast and fun.

    I invite you to enter add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.


    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit....! I encourage and look forward to your thoughts and comments. Many Blessings...K